Network Security Services
In the hospitality technology business, it has become more important than ever to guard against the dark world of cyber-crime. Radiant Security Services is a group of solutions designed to help secure sensitive site data. Radiant Security Services include:
A managed commercial grade hardware firewall service.
- Radiant separates the Payment Network from other computers and networks that are needed for business operations (including public-facing Wi-Fi for hotspots. This is done through configuring Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs) for other business equipment that shares access to the Internet.
- All Internet access is blocked out except for necessary ports and connections (credit card or other third party solution provider products for example). Free range Internet browsing is removed as an option from the Aloha file server.
- Firewall inspections check for data packets that are likely to be associated with malware.
- Intrusion detection is employed to stop cyber-criminals from multiple scans of the network.
- Radiant provides a single point of authority in the event employees or other third party agents are looking to change port configurations or get access to business systems.
- Radiant provides and maintains the hardware firewall for new antivirus updates and manufacturer's security patches.
- If a firewall is damaged at no fault of the operator or can no longer receive manufacturer security patches or antivirus updates, Radiant will replace it with another firewall.
A secure tool for management needing to access reports or maintenance remotely.
- Radiant provides a two factor authentication for accessing the POS back office PC and network (utilizing both a password and a user’s mobile phone).
- Operators are provided with alerts that show potential security issues (i.e. antivirus definitions are out of date).
- Radiant provides feedback if the POS version falls out of PCI validation.
- Operators can remotely access the BOH PC, securely transfer files or run POS level reports to print directly on their local printer.
An ongoing monitoring and network defense service.
- Threat Defender attacks and defends against malware that might find its way past perimeter and in-store physical security defenses.
- Active daily security scanning for network risks and threats like…
- Crimeware, including RAM parsers and key loggers
- Unbatched credit cards
- Default Windows passwords and credentials found
- Insecure remote access tools detected
- Process and service white listing provides an added layer of security. Rather than just looking for malware, this will refuse to allow any program to initialize, except those on the pre-approved list.
- Threat Defender will continue to adapt to new malware threats as Radiant studies processes and services that pose threats.
Breach Assistance Program
- Radiant Security Services includes up to $50,000 of breach protection per site.
- The program covers the forensic audit when a breach is suspected, card replacement costs, assessments and fines levied by card processors and brands.